I am fascinated by names, and even though Shakespeare has said “what’s in a name, a rose if you call by any other name would still smell as sweet”, I give a lot of importance to name, though I very well know that having a good name is not at all your contribution, but hearing a good name definitely rings a good bell. And the most interesting thing is I get attracted to the people whose name I really like. Here is a list of few of my favourite names.
Do jot down a few of your favourite names :)
Among boys
1. ABHISHEK.
No two questions about this name, which is my all time favourite. Before you all start thinking that I like the name because of abhishek bachchan you are only partially right. I have all the time liked this name long before I knew of him. Being a die hard fan of AB Jr. is an all together a different thing, he would otherwise too would be my favourite and him having the name of ABHISHEK is the icing on the cake. Don’t know what but there is something extremely attractive about the name that I just can not help liking it. Have also decided that in future if I had a son he would be named abhishek.
2. VIREN :
Ever since I saw the movie “ Lamhe” I became the fan of the name viren, the way waheeda rehman pronounces this name, is just out of this world. Also because the character of viren in the movie is just unmatchable. The soberness and serenity of the name is the reason I like it.
3. AKASH :
The reason for liking the name is the rich ness and the vastness that it reflects. Akash speaks of height, vastness and the beauty of the colour sky blue, also the name of my cousin who is extremely good looking ( fardeen look alike, as some say) makes it my favourite. That is the reason akash name doesn’t suit any average looking boy :)
4. RAJEEV :
This name has a modern spunk about it and it seems as if the owner of the name would be a very young person.
5. SIDDHARTH :
Kept on the name of God, this name depicts the richness and a lot of grace. I like the spelling of the name too.
Among girls
1. NAINA :
WOW ! what a name , that tells about the most beautiful organ of the human body which tells a millions of things without uttering a single word. Became a fan of the name after watching “ kal ho na ho “
2. SAKSHI :
Extremely feminine, this name tells a very important thing called “ proof”.
3. SARAH :
This is one of the most beautiful names that sounds very beautiful to the ears.
4. SHWETA :
Another favourite name of mine that tells about the colour white and speaks about cleanness too. Looks a very modern name too.
5. SIMRAN :
This name produces a beautiful sound and the meaning of the name is equally beautiful : to remember.
Thursday, May 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

23 comments:
A name tht sounds gud to ears may project u as an interesting person early on though it is altogether different story tht it wont matter in d long run.
i personally like uncommon names that have some gud meaning as well. And tht is d reason y i love my own name too. ( Thnk u mom n dad :) ) Viraj means resplendent.
Vatsal is one such name tht rings the bell for me. Anjali and Ananya sound very feminine to me. The list goes on n on :)
btw, wat is ur name?
Am not a ekta kapoor fan but still i like names strting with K like kshitija , kshitij, komal , karan
hey i have changed the url of my blog now its devil-and-angels.blogspot.com and now i am the listener , and for time being not a gamer.
@ viraj
you have a very beautiful meaning of your name :).
i agree a name doenst make any difference in the long run but few names certainly clicks :)
@ the listener
kshitij is also one of my favourites:) actually i lost the name while writing the post, the meaning of kshitij is just too good to ignore the name :)
That was a lovely post!Names do make a great impression.
If I may ask,what is yours? :)
@ sameera
thanks for liking the post :)
@ viraj and @ sameera
my names 'anamika'
@Inner..
haha..that's why you like names so much because you don't have name..haha :P..just kidding..
Agree that names do make some impression if they are unique and have good meanings also..but just for the sake of saying "You have a nice name" ..other than that I don't think it matters in any way..
Well, Im glad my name is there on the list! :D
My Name's Rajeev! :D
Interesting post! :)
-I
of course naina!! :P
wat does the name RAJIV infer???? :D
@ pensativo
yup thats right names just give a good initial impression. gud to c u after a long time:)
@ impressionist
thanks for finding it intersting !!
:)
@ shex
hi,
long time no c :)
@ rajiv m
dont know the meaning of the name rajeev, just like the sound of it :)
hm...names do mean a lot..my name is Pratap and my twin bros name is Pradyumna..really like both the names[and also my friends]...can i know urs????:)
@ brocasarea
welcome here !!
both u bros have gud names.
thanks for the comment :)
wat is meaning of anamika?
as far as i know it is one of the fingers of our hand. isnt it? u must b knowing better. aint it? :)
@ viraj
the only meaning of anamika that i know of is : that it means nameless. but still will try to find out about the meaning you wrote :)
beautiful post!!!
even i love noticing names. no. no. i am not saying just for sake. let me give examples.
i love names - abhaya, brijitta, chaya, divya, elisa, fathima, gowri, harini, indumati, juhi, kavya, laasya, mrudulla, nayana, oprah, preeti, qadira ,rakhi, savitha, tamanna, ualani , vimala, waheeda , xahra ,yamini, zeenat.........
oops...where did all the guys name go???? :)
@ a new philosopher...
thanks and thanks for listing your fav names ( among girls only, hahhaaa), kaavya is the name that i like too:)
ya placements and then exams
and now they are finally over i have enough time for myself
:)
Post a Comment