Saturday, March 1, 2008

Missing innocence

Innocence has become a very rare thing today and difficult to find. This is something that is really sad, blame it on the changing times or the fact that the world has become so competitive and challenging to live that hardly there is any place for innocent people to survive. Today people laugh at you if you are a bit naïve or are unaware of certain things or even if you lack the skill of playing games. Every where you find people who are selfish and interested only in moving ahead of life or running behind money. Certainly these things are necessary in order to move ahead in life but one must not loose his or her innocence that the person has. Whether you are at home or at work there are things like back biting constantly going on which really ruins a person’s mind. And the sad thing is now a days, even children who are always considered to be extremely innocent are becoming a lot shrewd.

I got to write this post taking in to consideration me and a colleague of mine who are quite similar to each other in many terms though she is a step or two ahead of me in innocence and in her naivety, probably that’s why I can understand better because I my self have gone through many remarks both positive and negative as well, for being too innocence or naïve at times.
The colleague of mine is really a very innocent girl and famous for all the stupid things she does at work like forgetting her keys anywhere in the office and sometimes even forgetting her vehicle even, while she goes walking to her home, thinking she has not brought her vehicle!!!. I know this is called height of stupidity and careless ness but one can make out the nature of the person from such incidences.

And I have endless of such examples to give like from forgetting my glasses and mobile anywhere in the house to making calculation mistakes, one may call it absent minded ness but a very shrewd person can not really do such mistakes because their minds are too much sharp and they can not think to lose something even if it is for a second!!

Of course one needs to be very clever and sharp to live in today’s world but such small innocence and naivety really touches one’s heart. At least I get touched by this. I remember an ex-colleague of mine was sort of preaching me to be very shrewd and sharp in handling people in general otherwise they tend to take an advantage of you but she told me something that I still remember and shall never ever forget “ be very very clever but don’t lose your innocence , because that’s what attracts people towards you”.

8 comments:

Sameera Ansari said...

That was a great post!Innocence is truly getting rarer by the day and sad that people who are so are ridiculed.I have experienced a lot cause of it myself.

Nice space you have here.Cheers! :)

Abhinav Viswambharan said...

A thought provoking post indeed. :)

First and foremost I would categorize the habit of forgetting things as carelessness, instead of innocence.

I am also very careless at times, so much so that I at times forget things like my wallet, drawer's key and my mobile at my desk in office when I go out. Luckily I have got nice teammates, who would keep those things safely till I come back. :)

Yes, I do agree when you say that people take innocence for granted, even try to mis-use it. That too in a competitive world of today, some people wouldn't mind taking, the innocence of people close to them, to their advantage.

But still, you can remain as innocent as you are. Just need to keep your eyes and ears open to this fast moving world. :)

After all, innocence is indeed a very pleasing part of one's personality.

my inner world said...

@ sameera
thanks a lot for commeting and appreciating:)
do keep visiting:)

my inner world said...

@ abhinav
i agree that carelessness and innocence are different but still i find somehow that only innocent people do careless things:)
still i must say , u commented well:)

Anonymous said...

good space this....

njoi

my inner world said...

@ sam
thanks....

Sushant said...

Nice post. I liked your point of view as most people tend to bunch innocence and ignorance in one category. Innocence really is sweet and rare. Also I must admit your post smells of innocence.

my inner world said...

@ sushant
thanks for liking the point of view:)