Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Am I too modest and too sober????

Am I too modest and too sober?????

Off late , I have been thinking am I too modest or sober in my taste, behaviour, clothes, accessories and the likes. Since childhood I can remember that I used to always be flooded with compliments of wearing a perfect dress according to the occasion. From my rubber of the pony tail to my nail paint, sandals or shoes and even the card that I select for friend’s or relatives birthdays and anniversaries were always appreciated. All the time I was apt, neither too loud nor too suttle. Suttle to ho sakti thi, lekin loud, never. The first thing people see in me are my clothes and my soberity.

Never actually liked anything that is shining or shimmering or glittering or sparkling. One of my colleagues who is always dressed average (according to me) and who always prefers shining things, always complimented me for everything that I possessed and always added that my choice is very classic. But she adds that I should still wear things that are a bit funky. All I can manage is to say thanks to her and tell I will try , knowing fully well that I will never.

Being such properly dressed , I don’t know why I lack that funky ness. Once I was shopping with a friend of mine and didn’t actually liked anything so ended up buying nothing at all. In front of the whole hall she shouted,” stop being rani mukherjee from kabhi alvida na kehna and buy yourself something happening”. I was really angry as to why did she tell me that.

But later realized that I was actually like rani mukherjee , too suttle at times. There was a time when I didn’t wear red because thought that it is a too gawdy colour and too much attractive. I avoided red probably because of my shy nature. So the day I start wearing red will be the day I have changed my taste or else I can say, when I fall in love , tab shayad lal rang bhi acha lagne lage , that time I can say that I am rising myself from modesty and soberity.

5 comments:

Abhinav Viswambharan said...

“In character, in manner, in style, in all things, the supreme excellence is simplicity.”

- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


Which sort of songs do long in our hearts? Being a die-hard AR Rehman fan, I like all his compositions, the fast and the melodious ones.

But, over a period of time, the fast ones fade out from the mind, while the melodious and soft ones linger in heart.

If you look back into the history, you will notice that some of the most popular leaders like, Mahatma Gandhi, Mother Teresa, APJ Abdul Kalam, Narayana Murthy..., had been subtle and simple in their own way.

And probably if you ask someone as to what do they look-out for in their better half, no matter how hard they may try to hide it, it will be the simplicity and subtleness in that person.

Subtleness is one of the most captivating things in this world.

In fact words like elegance, charisma, aura are all associated with subtleness and modesty.

Hope, I have been able to make some sense. :)

Vinodh said...

this is all girl-talk i guess...but still...
you made it a interesting read for me!

my inner world said...

Ofcourse you have been able to make complete sense:) and thanks a tonne for such an encouraging comment.

felt good to know that there are many out there appreciating subtleness and simplicity:)

btw, a.r. rehman is my fav too:)

my inner world said...

@ vinodh
well it is not completely girl talk , though most of the part was that. it was more of in general
anyway, thanks a lot that you find it an interesting read:)
keep visiting

my inner world said...

@ fuzzy
well shall definitely let you know if i try out something:)
thnks for stopping by
keep visiting:)