Saturday, March 15, 2008

FINALLY I SHOWED THEM YIPEEEEEEEE !!!!

Well this doesn’t sound as serious is the caption. Today I finally showed my family who always criticizes me and make fun of me for never getting up early in the morning and have labeled me as the sleep lover. (all my attempts to make them understand that I am simply not a morning person have failed). Any way, to day I woke up at 5.30 am !!! and that too without any one else waking me up. Have enrolled myself at a yoga classes that starts at 6.30 in the morning. This is something that I haven’t done in years. This is also one of the reasons for joining the class only to get up early. Whenever we have conversations specially during winters, that it is pretty dark in the mornings, my family always teased me that “btw,you don’t know about the early mornings being dark during winters because you don’t wake up early at all”.

Today I realized that how my mom was indeed right when she always lectured me on enjoying the beauty of the mornings. I, today, realized that how I missed this all these years. I actually found it so good and nice to wake up so early. There was a particular kind of freshness, serenity, beauty associated with early mornings which I must say each and every individual must experience. I realized that if we wake up late, we miss welcoming every morning that brings us with a new day; hope; dreams; aspiration; plans along with it. Also the day appears to be very long and we finish things pretty fast. During our morning walks or the exercise or yoga , we can easily make plan for the whole day and the number of activities to do during the day. The only thing I need to take care now is that I practice this regularly without any gaps. Mom was also very happy to see me finally listen to her and was happy when I accompanied her to the temple too which really made my day complete !

8 comments:

Pensativo said...

true..but we are so messed up in our routine that waking up early has become thing of the past :P

Sameera Ansari said...

Good you did so!Mornings seriously are so beautiful and one feels fresh the whole day long :)

test said...

lol.. a nocturnal creature here who finds nights too precious to sleep but doesnt mind snorin til 8..

pandian chelliah said...

indeed....luckily my hostel falls across the beach ( ecr) and is just two minutes walk away.....and early morning, as we walk down our way to the park for jogging, the sun just smiles and waves it hand, saying a small hello. the morning breeze, has, as if promised, to jog with us. but i think it just needed a reason...because it has fallen in love with us....for it gently kisses...every day......
a romantic morning, just is what the doctor ordrs for the day....beautiful post....and u have a beautiful blog here....keep going

my inner world said...

@ pensativo
thats true till now i used to believe that our lives r really busy to wake up early but i guess i was wrong:)

@ sameera
ya i do feel fresh for the whole day long and a bit tired too:)

@ manorath
earlier i used to get up almost at 8 :)

@ a new philosopher....
thanks for appreciatin my post and blog.
well i m already jealous by the way you enjoy your mornings. and must mention such a nice thought "romantic morning" wat a way to start the day:)

@ all
keep visiting:)

Abhinav Viswambharan said...

He...he... :P

I wake up at 530 every weekday. This has been happening since past 4 weeks. All thanks to the irritating alarm of my roommate, which wakes up everyone in the house, other than him...

He used to set it quite early, so that he could go for jogging in the morning. Well, he actually managed it for 3 days, after that, back to sqaure one.

But somehow, from my school days itself I have got this habit of getting up early. Even on weekends when I find it difficult to sleep beyong 7, even if I sleep the previous night at 1 or 2.

But then, I make it up by having short naps in the day...office mein aankh khol kar...ghar pe aankh band kar... :D

my inner world said...

@ abhinav
You wake up at 5.30 every day !! I know its too difficult to do so and thanks to your room mate for that. But waking up early certainly has disadvantages like you feel tired too soon and feel sleepy all the day through. And I m surprised how u cant feel asleep beyond 7 on weekends even. Whenever I wake up, and I come to know that I have nothing important to do, I sleep back for another hour or two. But that of course isn’t possible now. Sleep has become a sort of luxury for me :)

Matangi Mawley said...

:).. good 1!