People don’t call me absent minded (at times ONLY) for nothing. I always keep on observing things and people and situations around me and then start thinking a lottt on them. I get engrossed in the thinking so much that even on being at that place, I am thinking something else. Its not that I don’t pay attention at all or keep mum and don’t talk to people but i don’t know why things keep me thinking.
For instance just came before an hour ago from a birthday party of a 10 year old girl. My god, I must tell these kids’ birthday parties make you really go nuts, but I just loved it. The whole atmosphere was so lovely and colourful and innocent, even the elders become kids making them play games. As I entered the house I could see hundreds of shoes and sandals in porch which gave an idea how many kids were inside the house. I wasn’t able to find the birthday girl amidst the large hall full of kids not more than 10 year olds. Eventually I did find her and wished and gave present, but she was so excited she hardly gave me a minute to wish and ran to join her friends. The hall had become a mess with gifts, food lying on the floor and kids and kids and more kids. Each one of them looked so fresh and beautiful that I just loved watching them, enjoying in their own world. They aren’t bothered how they look nor are conscious whether to do anything or not ; to speak anything or not and that’s what makes them happy. After the partying and dinning was over, it was the time to give return gifts and there was a huge rush and chaos for it:) all of them rushed to my aunty who literally got confused as to who took the return gift and who was left , finally she made a list of the kids who were left out. Must say my aunt has a very huge heart and being a gynecologist, the birthday girl is not her own daughter, she is an adopted child, but a lucky one. From my old memories of this aunt of mine I remember how loving and caring and gem of a person she is who has a heart, the size of an ocean. Today I could see the amount enjoyment and satisfaction she got from seeing the smiles and laughter on these hundreds of children.
I had a nice time and cant wait to celebrate such parties of my own children. Lol. Because don’t know why but somewhere down the line I have always loved children. Probably because I get a lot of satisfaction and happiness by giving them all I have whether it is a material thing or a piece of advice or teaching them something or the other!!
Saturday, February 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
u know wht.. i had arranged a same kinda party for my bday... house decorated with frills, balloons etc... also had a disc light and then certainly the cake....
as if i was a small kid.. bt then i loved it.. really..
after all birthdays are meant to be celebrated :)
-R
@ rohit jain(felon)
yes b'days are to be celebrated , i remember each and every b'days that i celebrated , i wonder how some people dont feel enthusiastic abt b'days celebration.
yupp..children are sweet little angels. One really feels comfortable in their company. In fact in any social gathering at my family I always prefer to involve myself with children's gang. They are so charming..I just love them coz they deserve to be loved :).
@ pensativo
so true children deserve to be loved!
You are blessed to have got an Aunty like that, who gave a life to an innocent child whose own mother could just give her birth, and not life.
@ abhinav,
u r rite , m blessed having such an anut and she is my favourite one:)
Post a Comment