When I watched ‘kal ho na ho’ , in some of the scenes I really felt , am I like the character naina played by preity zinta, a person who smiles and laughs less often, some one who keeps on complaining and gets irritated very easily , someone who keeps scolding her younger siblings and someone who is not satisfied with the way her life is going on and someone who is comfortable only with very few selected ones, the ones that are close to her?
Well, it was very hard to know and realize that I actually smiled and laughed less often. When my sister first told me that don’t keep a" military strict environment" around you (by this she meant the too well organized life I live) , I always laughed it off thinking that shes joking and pulling my leg. But gradually I felt that people around me really become a bit conscious of themselves because I am most of the times too perfect and don’t take things lightly. The place I used to work earlier , people over there seriously thought did I come from some foreign country or what because I hardly mingled with them initially, though it was my uncle’s office where most of them (except the other employees) were familiar to me since my childhood. Others in the office started thinking I m a girl who is very proudy , and started believing that she is proudy because our boss is her uncle and she thinks all others to be inferior to her.
It really gave me tension as to why do people think me to be a proudy person. Ok agreed. I used to smile less and talk less but don’t people take time to adjust sometimes. Certainly I m not the person who has proud. On the contrary I m an extremely down to earth person who treats every one equally. But who can make this understand to others. Of course with time I proved by self to be a very good company and used to enjoy and have a blast with all my colleagues. But certainly this took time.
Another example would be, one of my students told me a fortnight back ,” mam, don’t you like to crack jokes and laugh” . don’t remember what reply did I give to him. But I guess I have changed a lot now and laugh a lot now. I clearly remember that day my mood was really bad that is why I was having a straight face , so I guess my student had to ask me that.
I have learnt that” smile and the world smiles at you.” And now have changed a lot that , I often get compliments of having a very very good sense of humour. Hahahha.
Next post relating to this topic , coming up:
Am I too modest and too sober?????
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Waiting for up coming blog. ..
Eager to find the answer within ..
@abhi(shake)
thanks for commenting
and will post the next one soon:)
"smile and the world smiles at you"
How true... :)
The people and environment around does shape up or rather moulds up our character in some way or the other, no matter how small it be.
The person who came into my mind after reading your post was my Module Lead in my previous project. She used to be very serious and reserved. Used to talk and interact just to the point.
Being senior to me, even I used to give her space. Slowly, as time went on, I started to crack jokes with her and somehow make her smile, forget about laugh.
We were there together in that project for around 6months, after which she moved to another city and I moved to another project.
Whenever we talk over phone, she keeps telling me that my chatter-boxing influenced her in some way. Jab bhi woh aisa bolti hein tho achha lagta hai...apni Module lead ko kuch tho sikhaya meine...:P
Well, the point was trying to drive home was that; smile is like a contiguous disease of goodwill.
Many people hesitate a bit in taking the first step when they find new people around them. Having studied in college and having worked in a company for almost a couple of years, I can say that people who do take the first step, end up several steps ahead of people who don't.
More than that, it gives yourself a nice feeling, when you smile at people.
And as Amaan says:-
Haso, Jeeyo, Muskurao, kya pata….Kal Ho Na Ho
:)
@ abhinav
certainly, people who do take the first step, end up several steps ahead of people who don't.
definitely,i have started smiling and laughing a lot now. Good to know that there is someone like me like you said your module leader:)
keep visiting:)
Post a Comment