Wednesday, July 9, 2008

DOSTI KI HAI, NIBHANI TO PADEGI !!


A very famous dialogue from the movie “maine pyar kiya”

Recently while surfing t.v. , I caught the movie “ Maine pyar kiya “ after a long time. I have seen the movie innumerable times but that day somehow, really felt the movie, specially the part where it is shown that how a boy and a girl can be friends. The concept of a girl and a boy becoming friends was initiated by this movie and showed it so aptly.

The movie, where in I managed to see only 20 minutes or so , made me really think of a friend of mine who is not of the same gender as mine but still we are the best of the friends and I guess it is only people from two opposite genders can be good and real friends. I don’t say that people from the same gender don’t turn out to be good friends but, somewhere down the line there will be feelings like jealousy, insecurity that will prevail even if they don’t accept it. One reason for such belief may be probably because I haven’t been lucky to have a real best friend who is of the same gender, I would love to have one such friend who is a girl but somehow, every time I come close to a girl who is a friend of mine, I see that the person isn’t keeping friendship from the heart , I better choose not to go too further, somehow this doesn’t happen with boys.

Another good thing about friends from the opposite gender is that they may turn into lovers and probably in to soul mates and life partners and if not, they will remain the best of each other’s friends all through their life. There would never be the issues like- ego, jealousy between them where as both would always think good for the other one and would even understand the other one in a better one.

Don’t know what prompted me to write a post on this, somehow I was very much touched by the way the friendship is shown in the movie – extremely pure and unconditional and innocent.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

even i feel the same way but thn i hv frnds who r girls and r really close to me. may be its bcoz its not always possible to b an open book for all. Some read a part of me and rest read othr parts. But i guess i believe tht its best the way it is..or may b I hvnt met ne1 othr thn god who knows me sooo well..f

Anonymous said...

yes ma'm wat u say is so true...i hv lots of friends who r gals and really close to me too... but i haven't thought of that sort of future so far...! :)

my inner world said...

@ the listener

so true!!
and i wish someone else also knows u as much as God knows u:)

my inner world said...

@ vinay

hey dont call me ma'm, keep hearing this word for the whole day:) ya if u havent thought of that sort then i wish best luck in it :)

sid said...

well said...reminds me of a recent moive..where in the theme is along the same lines...

my inner world said...

@ sid

thanks!! :)

Lucifer said...

**Another good thing about friends from the opposite gender is that they may turn into lovers and probably in to soul mates and life partners

believe me thats not d best thing...i guess friends hud remain friends...u dt only lose a fren ven u love em...u lose love too...
been thr so i kno

Bhai with Chai said...

that's well composed!
:)
1. I love the movie ;)
2. I've never had a female bestest friend either :/

You've put it all so simply and I appreciate it! :)

my inner world said...

@ mayz

first, sorry to knw that yr frndship dint turn out the way u wished.

to each his own, but dont u think we wall want a soul mate who is our friend too???

my inner world said...

@ bhai with chai

i too love the movie for its simplicity and many other things.

thanks a lot for liking my post, apart frm liking tea , we got one more common thng :)

Abhinav Viswambharan said...

Well, don't take me wrong but I feel the half of it might not be true, i.e. it might not be common with guys to have their best friends usually in gals rather than guys. One reason can be because things like ego are more common in the fairer sex(not all), than guys.

I say this because my closest friends include both guys and gals.

Having said that, I do realize that our perceptions about things are made out of the experiences that we got through, and probably that's why my perception differs a bit from yours.

At the end of the day, the gender of a true friend really doesn't matter.

my inner world said...

@ abhinav

ya probably my experience have set the perception like such, but i stil believe a girl and a boy would be the best of friends !! :)

and ego more in grls ???? m surprised by this:)

Abhinav Viswambharan said...

yeah, but not all. probably my experiences have set such a perception. :)

my inner world said...

@ abhinav

:)

Madurai citizen said...

Yes, I agree with you.

my inner world said...

@ madurai citizen

good to know that!