Tuesday, July 22, 2008

AFFAIRS, FLINGS, EXTRA MARITALS AND THE LIKES – YUCKSS

Last sunday was having a chat with my sister and mom, where in my sis told me about a batch mate of her who broke up her engagement and the reason is that the boy was seeing someone else at his work place. Come on, why the guy didn’t tell in the first place that I like a girl (to hell with the parent’s pressure in such a situation) and I wish to marry her. Why spoil the life of a completely innocent person. My sister’s friend is totally in a depression and has left her job too.

This incident made me think about all those instances that I hear and have heard around me. These things have become so much common. There is a family friend of mine who is of a marriageable age and she isn’t agreeing upon any of the proposals shown by her parents, the reason is same – shes in love with a married person at her work place. I was like, Oh my god! The stupid girl can’t sense, that the person is just enjoying the time with her and is not gonna leave his wife and kids for her.

Then, there is my own friend of over 12 years, who broke up her engagement, the reason – the same, she was having an affair or she was in love with a married man who has a kid. When her fiancé told, that I am ready to continue our engagement, if you forget your boy friend, she bluntly denied. It was like a shock of a life time for me when I came to know about such a step of her. I pity on her at times, for losing such a sweet guy who was ready to accept her provided she forgets her lover.

One of my colleagues is becoming extra close with another colleague of mine, the girl is married and has an extremely loving 2 year old kid ( her’s is an inter-cast love marriage) where as my male colleague is still a bachelor !! Cant she think of her hubby and her kid ????????

Discussing such stuff with my colleague, the other day, we both laughed asking each other : “ are there any good and normal people in the world today?

When I see such things around me, many question come to my mind: does true love exist ? why does it become so difficult to continue in your existing relationship? Why do married people go hunting for love outside marriage? Or are some people aren’t satisfied with one?

Fidelity has become a very rare thing today and the sad thing is this is the most important thing to make any relation going.

Looking at these people I feel like am I a complete dumbo or what? that I am not able to find “the one for me”, but then how many really good people are out there, so that I can find my “the one for me”. My mom joked on Sunday that, you are really very slow dear, that you aren’t able to find any one from your own city, when she heard about one more incident about a girl who works in our city but she is seeing someone who is in Australia and she tells everyone that shes engaged to the guy !!!

28 comments:

Tall Guy said...

Welcome to the real world.

Times have changed a lot. Gone are the times when people were faithful to each other. Nowadays people are falling for lust and not love. Half of the people who engage in such things don't even know the meaning of love.

BTW don't be disheartened on not finding the one. Even I wonder about that. Sometimes people you dont expect to have a GF/BF have one (No offence to anyone). :)

It all depends on what we are looking for.

Sameera Ansari said...

Ok it's enabled now! :)

As I said before,I totally agree,this trend of searching for love out of a relationship sucks!

High time people learn some morals and learn to be satisfied with one partner.

Lucifer said...

i think its always a compromise nowdayz...n well v cant b hypocrites

Impressionist said...

well, its all common these days!
the world is really in a sad state now!

-I

Lena said...

this really sucks :(
if you are in a relationship/marriage then why to break vows and search for something more. Fidelity is becoming a rare virtue nowadays which is really a great pity because without it no relationship will ever be able to survive.

Anonymous said...

hey girl i completely agree wid u in each line . I mean hw cn girls fall for someone who is already married or committed.
And as for being single dont worry, I am in the same queue and evn i feel how will i ever trust someone wen thr is so much of mess in relationshipp these days.
And guess wht my dad is doing these days, he watches news channels and keep admiring those news readers and keeps telling mom " Meri Beti ke liye aisa hi smart sa Ladka Chahiye merko"...lolz i feel like hugging him and telling aapki beti ko toh koi pasand hi nahi aata papa, kya hoga mera.

my inner world said...

@jay

welcome here !!

ya it is really sad ppl dont know the meaning of love, of course m not disheartened for not finding the one yet , as they say singles are the happiest person :)

my inner world said...

@ sameera

very true :)

my inner world said...

@ mayz

but why compromise???

my inner world said...

@ lena

ya thas true :)

my inner world said...

@ the listener

m not that worried abt being single and ya one shud be very careful in choosing her/his partner. regarding your dad well the sort of similar things is in my house too .LOLSSS

my inner world said...

@ impressionist

ya it is common that is wat is the sad thing about it :)

Nitin said...

Hi.. first time here .. gud post liked it..
At least u hv seen it unbiassedly.. not blaming any one gender in particularly.

Priya said...

It shows we are no different from animals ain't we..

my inner world said...

@ nitin

welcome here and thanks:)

my inner world said...

@ priya

welcome !!
and yes this definitely shows no difference between animals and us.

shex said...

its called life
and it sucks big time

i hate it too but i have to live with it because i can't change the world but me....

my inner world said...

@ shex

if u cant change the world then why change ourselves for something we dont like ???

Viraj said...

d world v live in is not n ideal one but hav patience gal. something gud wil come ur way :)

wish u all d luck.

Si_Lee said...

I wrote this almost an year back .. i think this shud answer the question reg. love ..
http://sidacys.blogspot.com/2007/06/love-and-why-i-shall-never-be-out-of-it.html
for the record .. I have a rather askance way of looking at things .. so the incidents u mentioned here .. well i cud justify the emotion but not their actions ..

my inner world said...

@ viraj

thanks:)

my inner world said...

@ descrying the shadows

welcome here !!! :)

i commented on your post:)

Si_Lee said...

yeah thts how i drifted over here .. I have just started blogging again .. coming out of my shell to read and see in how many different ways is this world perceived by people.. and how many can strike a chord with me .. ;)
ok am holding it here .. i can be boring
but do go thru tht link .. i wud like to know ur opinion ..

my inner world said...

@ descrying the shadows

gud to know u r coming out of your shell, this must giving u quite a lot of joy !!

i already commented on that link, have a look:)

RiverSoul said...

I think its the excitement of doing something new, the lack of family love, neglect and doing something morally illegal that makes people go for it the instant they get the idea in their heads.
Its disgusting. But its how sick the life cycle is now a days. Though meddling in their "affairs" (pun intended) is something that should be done with extreme care. They should be shown how wrong a path they have
Choosen. But only if you know them very well.
Dont you think so?

my inner world said...

@ riversoul

welcome here !!!

exactly meddling in other's affairs is more dangerous than doing the affair itself. lolss
this might sound really funny but i have experienced it before, ppl today have no strength to accept the truth so better let them be themselves, they arent gonna change unless they themselves want to:)

Abhinav Viswambharan said...

"Fidelity has become a very rare thing today"

So very true.

Though I haven't personally come across such extra-martial affairs among the people I know, I have seen quite a lot breakups in my friends lives.

The funny part is that they justify it with just one line - "I don't feel the same for him/her".

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel... I too feel that is it just me being stupid and childish? Expecting love to last forever and it to be perfect?

i rather be single than have my heart ripped off by a cheater!