Friday, July 11, 2008

BLUNDER DAY !!!!!!

I am famous all over my house for being a blunder queen, from forgetting small things to mixing relatives or taking too long to understand who is whose husband or wife or whatever to taking long time to calculate simple calculations to forgetting my cell and the one that tops the chart is “ misplacing my glasses”. There isn’t a single day in my life wherein I haven’t misplaced my glasses and the most common question that I ask is “ has anyone seen my glasses?”. But today I crossed my limits in misplacing my glasses and today was the day wherein I to many different places and for that I called up one parlour to inquire whether she found any glasses lying on the table and then went to the shop where I was only for 5 minutes to just wrap the gift, came back from there and then went to one more place where I thought I might have left them and returned empty handed from there too finally thinking someone must have stolen and I will have to buy a new pair now and when I opened my purse at work I found that a 100 rupee note is missing !!!!!. I was like goshhhhhhhh , how can this happen I mean I thought I have now even started losing money too !!!!. Was in a bad mood after all this when I went home and as I entered my room I could clearly see my glasses lying there on the dressing table ( I had checked my dressing table before I inquired all the above mentioned places !!! ). I was happyyyyy to get it, god gave me one more chance.

When narrated the incident to mom, she gave me the ultimatum that if I now forgot my glasses at various places shes not gonna give it to me if she found them. LOL. I started laughing. And when I sat to read the reader’s digest of the current month, I couldn’t stop laughing as it had a tip on what to do when you are repeatedly forgetting your glasses at various places !!!!!!!!

31 comments:

sid said...

HILARIOUS....reminds me of my mom..she constantly loses her glasses too....phew...i tell you..more than you...its a challenge to the ones around you too...to guess where the glasses are lost:-)..

Anonymous said...

Hehe..Even i faced a situation like this for few days. I had returned from hostel aftr 4 yrs and my mind ws somehow in the same hostel world. so anything mom used to tell..i used to forget..con-incidentally i watched tht movie U, me aur hum . I actually thut tht i too might b having alzeimers. Neways i strted concentrating more and got over this probs..

my inner world said...

@ sid

ya exactly more than for the one who has lost it , others also go hyper and mad to find where are they :)

my inner world said...

@ the listner

hahhaa u thought about alzeimers thats a lot more memory loss, tum to ekdum last stage ki sochne lagi LOLS :)

Lucifer said...

temme smthn how cud u c ur glasses lyin on d table when u didnt have ur glasses on...does it make sense???
ah jus another stuid query...

btw any idea whr did dat Rs100 currency note go???

Sameera Ansari said...

They say that such absentmindedness is a trait of the intellectual! :P

Have a nice weekend!

Anonymous said...

brilliant... so nice...
nice to know i am not the only one who keeps misplacing my glasses...should show this post to my mum...she keeps telling me i am the only one clumsy enuf to do such a thing...!! :)
which edition of RD was that btw... i may require those tips on how not to misplace the specs..!!

Bhai with Chai said...

I used to be the blunder queen too..
Everyone used to be saying " is ladki ko saamne rakhi hui cheez bhi nai dikhti " :D :D

takecare of the glasses! :D

my inner world said...

@ mayz

well i could see the glasses on the table because i use my glasses only while watching tv, computer, movies,driving and stuff as i have very very less amount of near sightedness

and regarding the 100 rupee note i am still figuring it out , cant recall abt it. LOL :)

my inner world said...

@ sameera

is it really ??, then i am happy to know that, i will tell my mom that yr daguhter has the trait of an intellectual , then i guess she wont shout, when i again misplace my glasses. LOL :)

u too have gr8 weekend dear !!!

my inner world said...

@ vinay

hahahaa , so i guess we can have a community of people misplacing their glasses. :)

the RD is of this month - july,08

my inner world said...

@ bhai with chai

welcome here!!! :)

u used to be a blunder queen so what made u come out of that title????

btw i loved your name " bhai with chai". i too simply love tea, cant live without it :)

Bhai with Chai said...

thanks! :)
I guess I've just grown up
(pssst.. no one asks me for any owrk anymore ;) and khud ka kaam toh jaise taise chala leti hun! :D)

Love tea? join the club!
:)

Abhinav Viswambharan said...

That was just short of being Ms.Kutchu. :P

my inner world said...

@ abhinav

Ms. kutchu???

ranjana said...

lol...i ma just like you...ever forgetful and careless....you are talking about glasses i leave my house keys at shops and remmeebr it 3 days later n try to trace where did i loose them,,,,and finally go shop to shop to find them.....thankfully the shopkeepers keep them safely...lol

ranjana said...

what about the 100 rupee note?

Anonymous said...

Hi ,

I was reading ur blog posts and found some of them to be wow.. u write well.. Why don't you popularize it more.. ur posts on ur blog ‘STRAIGHT FROM THE HEART’ took my particular attention as some of them are interesting topics of mine too;

BTW I help out some ex-IIMA guys who with another batch mate run www.rambhai.com where you can post links to your most loved blog-posts. Rambhai was the chaiwala at IIMA and it is a site where users can themselves share links to blog posts etc and other can find and vote on them. The best make it to the homepage!

This way you can reach out to rambhai readers some of whom could become your ardent fans.. who knows.. :)

Cheers,

Abhinav Viswambharan said...

Arey...forgot Kutchu? The old man in our 2nd - 3rd standard books, who searched the entire house for his specs, without realizing that he was already having it resting on his nose. :P

my inner world said...

@ ranjana

u leave house keys in the shops !!! lolsss.

wel reg. the 100 rupee note i m still thinking whether i spent it or lost it.LOLSS :)

my inner world said...

@ ray

thanks a lot..
will check out for sure. but what about your blog???

my inner world said...

@ abhinav

ohhhhh yes i remember the story but forgot the name of mr.kutchu :))

one more small blunder by me, LOLSSS

Anonymous said...

how exactly am i supposed to post a comment on ur new post?? there seems to be no link for it...

Lucifer said...

hey y've u disabled comments on ur latest post??

my inner world said...

@ vinay and mayz

well i hadnt disabled the option , it happened in a hurry by mistake, ur comments are welcomed now :)

Matangi Mawley said...

:D hilarious!

evn i face probs when it comes to identifying relatives! i have so many of them whom i meet jst suddenly.. thing is they all seem to know me n i dont know evn one of them!
it was the same evn in col.. sme used to smile at me and i smile bck.. whn a frnd asks who tht is- i dont know! :)

good 1! :)

Madurai citizen said...

brilliant... so nice...

my inner world said...

@ matangi

ya these things become very embarassing and my mom shouts at me for this, she says when u get married and your hubby introduces u to someone and the next time u meet them , u will sound blank, wat will u do then. i say i shall write down in a book that who's whose and all. LOLSS

my inner world said...

@ madurai citizen

thanks :)

Pensativo said...

haha..these kinda things makes you feel ga ga goo goo ..(thought only after things become smooth after all tumult :P)

my inner world said...

@ pensativo

:) so true