Thursday, June 19, 2008

RESPECT BOOKS

I just don’t understand, what satisfaction or happiness do people get from keeping the books UPSIDE DOWN?????????

I just cannot stand the sight of any book kept upside down. When ever I see any book in that position I cant help to keep it proper.

I keep telling to do the same to all my students, millions of times, but next morning again the same thing. And this is just not the case with the students, some of my colleagues does the same thing and I am sure thousands of other such people. I guess the reason behind people keeping the book that way, is that, when we read any book , the cover page and the few pages will raise a bit and for some time the book will not close completely, unless it is any hard bound book, so people keep it in that manner so that it closes well, but this is not at all a justifiable reason. Haven’t you heard of the paper weights !!!!

I mean why don’t you guys stop studying and reading. If you are unable to place the book STRAIGHT, then you are not at all fit to even touch the book, leave alone reading the same.

I know all the people who does this, doesnt have any thing about books, but still , this shows how do you respect them, would that person keep his mobile upside down ?. Never ever , not even by mistake. The reason is, it is dear to them and have costed a lot, then why do undervalue books. Tthey are much more valuable than your mobiles and other accessories.

Come on guys books are the source of knowledge (directly related to Goddess Saraswati). It is said that if you keep the book upside down the knowledge that you receive from it is also going to go in vain.

Therefore a humble request to all the people who come under the above mentioned criteria, to keep the books in a proper and disciplined manner.

Peace :)

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh wow...u r a teacher...blimey...
i thought u r a student... :)
nice post...will definitely try 2 implement that :)
ps: your posts become better every time!

my inner world said...

ya m a teacher, even people around me find it difficult to believe that i am a teacher.

thanks for appreciating my post :)

Anonymous said...

Yes Mam...will follow tht nxt time onwards..

my inner world said...

@ listener

u better do otherwise b ready to face the consequences :)

lol !!. m just kidding :))

ranjana said...

i love books myself n respect them all the same. i also keep books upside down( n my mobile as well :)
but don;t see what is the big deal about it.( no offence meant) i just don't understand how my keeping them upside down is a sign of disrespect

p.s.- i am teacher myself

pandian chelliah said...

BOW ( as in doing namaste)
YES MAAM
me too will follow the rule

my inner world said...

@ ranjana

gud to see u here , welcome !!!

and great to know that u are a teacher too.

well, according to me the mere sight of the book kept upside down doesnt look good and i have learnt from an elderly aunt of mine that it shouldnt be kept in that manner or for that manner no thing shud be kept upside down.

it is not that u dont respect the books at all if u keep upside down but at the same time it also shows that u dont care much abt it either :)

i guess ye lecture thoda zyada ho gaya. LOLS !!!

my inner world said...

@ a philosopher...

namaste to u too and thanks for obeying my orders. hahhaa

ranjana said...

hey its fine in fact ever since i read your post i have started making a conscious effort to keep books properly.
its a lovely blog you have :)

my inner world said...

@ ranjana

thanks a lot :)

Lucifer said...

oh m so afraid of teachers...esp when they talk so passionatley abt books...u c i was one of those back benchers!!! wasie nice post...its nice to hear ppl talk abt smthn they love...i has a diff appeal to it

my inner world said...

@ mayz

we all are afraid of teachers at one point in our life, even i feared some of them :)and i try not to be like them in front of my students. LOL !!

ya it is nice to hear and tell as well about the thing that we love and are passionate about :)

Sameera Ansari said...

I don't feel guilty reading this post cause I do respect books!

Have a nice weekend :)

Abhinav Viswambharan said...

A post to learn something from. I guess I used to commit this mistake unknowingly when I was in college.

But the sad fact is that, many among today's generation don't mind stepping over newspapers and papers with something written/printed on it. Probably they don't know that we associate them with Goddess Saraswathi. :(

my inner world said...

abhinav

thanks,

jao tumhe maaf kiya when you did the mistake unknowingly in college. lolss

stepping on the paper and stuff is something completely untolerable.

Ranjani Ravi said...

This is such a sweet post!Loved it!BTW, even i had thought you were a student!:)

my inner world said...

rampantheart

thanks a lot

ya many others also think i am a student :)