Though a girl has to leave her family at one point of time… nothing can prepare for this thing… no matter how strong willed a girl is… this phase is the most difficult in a women’s life…and I cant believe I m soon to leave my home, my family for ever…. though only it is physical distance…. But that hurts the most….
Though right from my childhood… everyone kept telling me.. u somehow don’t belong to this country… and when finally when the time has come to belong to some other country… I never knew I love India so much….
Family
Family
Family
family
Family
My nani
Sister
The fights with my sis and then hugging her for almost 20 times in a day!!!
The drives with my sis almost every evening
My childhood friend… I just realized he’s my best friend
My maid… which we have had for nearly 50 years now
Home
My garden that I very occasionally take care of but only because of lack of time
My car
My room
My computer…. I have a special bonding with my pc….. so not even buying a lappy…
My laziness
My cupboard of books
Road side pani puris
Other road side food
Home made pickles
Breakfast of gathia jalebi and theplas often (every gujarati would understand this)
The library where I have been member for the last 12 years
My readers digest subscription
The park where I go to jog
Cotton salvar kameez or infact anything cotton
So many bright colours that India is made up of
I have never loved summers but I m sure once I leave India I m going to crave for them
The noise of India
The crowd here
My mother tongue .... I m really going to get tired speaking in english 24/7 even though I have loved English more than gujarati
Going out anytime I feel like without being dependent on any one (till I get my driving license ofcourse!! )
All the guests that come to my place from abroad.. always say there is no place to do charity in our country…. So they would do charity to all the needy and poor here in India …. I think I will miss the small charities that I do in a degree that some times make my sis angry on me..
I already have a tear in my eye…… don’t think I cant list any more things… though there are millions of them more….
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
This is going to be tough moving abroad and not seeing the regular faces that one's grows up with.
Wish you best wishes for the marriage and a new beginning :)
Take the good things what was taught and what your cherished and another country will become adaptable once u feel yourself home.
You gotto be strong and not feel alone sitting in a room to feel home sick. Make friends and do things which keeps u busy. Creativity helps a lot at times.
hey buddy...
i hv been missing u on this blog.
I can completely understand wht u r going through, but dont worry.
The place u r goig will love u so much tht ull feel blessed to be thr.
keep smiling :)
after marriage a new phase of life starts dear. One you never imagined! Nothing remains the same. It's almost like a rebirth, a second chance at life !
Sure a girl misses her family and all the above and it hurts like hell at times but the happiness that you get in return fulfils you amazingly at other times... So look forward to that !!!
Sadly a girl is often torn between her family, her home and her life ...
But all part of living fully !! Best wishes to you dear
Hi there,
I think you should start writing again. At least for people like me who adore your blog.
Wish to see you return here.
Have nice time. :)
hey all !!
thanks for your lovely comments....and
sunil thanks...that was really encouraging...will try returning soon !!!
Your post remind me of "Pardesh"....
the dreams in a girls eye....
I can understand whats going in your head but changes happens for good....so shall be for you....
Wishing a happy and prosperous life ahead
Post a Comment